1) Fill myself with fruit and veg as much as possible!
According to success stories on the internet, I can get rid of my Psoriasis (nasty skin condition) by living on fruit, vegetables, fish, chicken, nuts and seeds and some wheat/dairy free products. I'm thinking the change will be made a hell of a lot easier if my lunches are all pretty and sectioned like little selection boxes! Bring on the Bento Box:
- I'll start off using our Wii Fit - I like to do an hour of whatever I feel like (it tells you how many minutes you've done as you go) - usually I'll do some Yoga, then lots of strength training, a few rounds of boxing, some step aerobics then a long jog! I usually hurt for a week after that :)
- I want to find a fun dance class. I wanted to be a backing dancer once upon a time and took classes and entered competitions as a teenager - I miss it! I still watch in awe at dancers on the telly. So a class would be a cool. Either that or start a collection of dance DVDs. Zumba looks like a lot of fun. Or maybe Hip Hop. Or Salsa. I'll have to see what I can find...
- Once the weather warms up I want to get myself some rollerskates, convince my friends to get rollerskates(!) and organise meet-ups so we can skate up and down the sea-front!
- I also want to go swimming at the local pool - alone, with a friend or with my kids - but that will have to wait until my skin's cleared up or I'll scare everyone away :/
3) Work work work to make my business a success!
I love my little shop but have found it hard to give it as much time as I want to, being a full time Mum as well. I'm planning for that to change this year though! I've come up with a schedule and various tick-lists to keep me on track.
I wrote down everything I did during a typical day and over the course of a week and managed to find at least a couple hours a day that I could work in. That was just by re-arranging some stuff to be more efficient - such as instead of wandering to the supermarket after the school run each day to choose dinner, I'd menu plan and get it all in one go at the weekend, stuff like that. I also want to make more use of the evenings - Me and Scott usually end up collapsed on the sofa with books or crappy T.V once the kids are in bed - I'll make an effort to bring a project down to work on from now on.
I've got my new studio to work in upstairs - I just need to clear the hallway up there (that's where I've dumped all the thrifted and found frames I've been collecting) and put some more storage (shelving, toy boxes) in the kids rooms and stick a safety gate on my door so they can play safely and still see me while I sew.
I have loads of ideas of things to make for the shop this year and am aiming to stock it regularly with pretty new things and get the word out! I'm want to get my zine done this year too - "Empty Purse" - based on my old website about having a brilliant life on the cheap! I'm thinking; dedicate a certain time each week to work on it and it'll be done in time for next Xmas - ideal stocking filler I think :)
So those are my goals! I'll be so happy if I've managed to stick to them by the end of the year. And I'd love to hear yours - comment to tell me or leave a link if you've blogged about them already.