Happy November! Here are my favourite inspiring/entertaining/interesting links from October saved just for you. (There's now a LINKS graphic in my side-bar that'll take you to all the previous months too - because sometimes you just wanna sit online and look at stuff and procrastinate on real life.... I know it's not just me!)
- Firstly, how cute is that opening picture up there?! ^ Lollypop sticks and magazine pages = awesome sign. Ooh, I could make one for my little girl's bedroom door ...or something! (Anyone know the original source please? It's been reblogged a trillion times on tumblr so I haven't managed to find it yet).
- I also want to spell something out on the wall with sticks !
- Supermarket Sarah is awesome - LOOK!! From the about page: "Sarah's "walls" started in her living room but have now spread into public spaces; galleries, shop fronts, bars, receptions and most recently Sarah curated a 30ft high wall at Selfridges London Concept Store." It's one of those wonderful things you wish you'd thought of first!
- Lately I've been on a "look for decent covers of my favourite songs on youtube" kick and I discovered ASTON Music, a classical band that covers Lady gaga - "Telephone" and Rihanna - "Rude Boy". I think they sound fantastic!
- What "I'm bored" can mean (and what it almost never means).
^ Supposedly "funny" greeting cards usually ...aren't. But these ones at Bluntcard kept me smirking and scrolling until they ran out.
^ I love Japanese magazines for their crazy quirkyness - I can't read it but it's fun to look at the pictures! You can download a copy of one called Egg HERE (it works, I checked. You get a zip file of 149 scans in jpg form!).
- Tim Burton fans might like this makeup tutorial! The video is really well done too.
- Loving the Peter Pan Collar trend? Here's a tutorial on making your own using cute hankies - or any other fabric I guess :)
^ Trisha at MarySew made an awesome Batman Zipper Pouch using fused plastic bags! (I so want to try this)
- ColorMeKatie turned her kitchen table into a giant scrap book! (If you haven't heard of her before, I recommend her entire blog - she's pretty amazing).
- The most adorable cake by the adorable Em - Tiny penguins, glaciers, polar ice caps, snowballs, and a blue jelly pool - oh em gee!
- 25 reasons to dress up is a lovely list :)
Another great piece on Procrastination that makes me feel like less of a loser.
^ Promise Tangeman explains the photo transfer process - clever stuff!
- How to Make a Playsuit/Romper (WANT)
- How to be friends with an introvert (I am one)
And that's the end - phew. This post always takes me at least a couple of hours - time for a well needed stretch and some lunch for me now! Hope you enjoy the links!